Thursday, July 12, 2012

4th Of July In Utah

We started a new tradition of spending the 4th with the Wrights at their house in Utah. This was our second year going, and we just love it. It's one of the few things I look forward to all year long. It's seriously the most relaxing vacation. One of my favorite parts is watching Mark and Matt. I have a lot of girlfriends, and Mark and I hang out with them often. Mark gets along with all the husbands which is a total blessing, but it's just nice to see him with one of his friends. I think they've known each other since they were like 6 or 7. Mark tells me the story how Matt's older brother Justin used to babysit, and one of the days he brought Matt with him. They've been friends ever since:) Matt is married to Heather. She is such a doll and we just love her. Especially Brock. He loves his precious "Header". If he isn't sitting on her lap he is asking where she is.  We asked Brock if he thought Matt or Heather were cuter. He responded Matt. Obviously we got a little nervous haha:) Then we asked if he would rather kiss Matt or Heather. When he responded "Header!" we knew he was alright!  The Wright's have two dogs, Zoey and Blue. The kids are obsessed with these dogs and literally play with them all day long! One of the days up there I saw Kylee laying outside on the patio in between Zoey and Blue. The rest of that day she acted like a dog, crawling on all fours, barking, the whole enchilada:)

We stopped in Vegas on the way up and stayed at The Red Rock Resort. LOVE that place. It's away from the strip so you aren't around all the lights and crowds, but close enough to still get to in a quick amount of time. We had dinner & dessert at Serendipity, which was amazing! Their frozen hot chocolate is to die for!! After dinner we headed across the street to watch the water show. Everyone pretty much enjoyed it except for Brock. What's new? I swear this kid has something weird with loud noises. The sound of the water pressure shooting the water up really high just freaked the crap out of him. It was the first time I had seen the water show. It was really pretty. After that we walked over to the M&M Factory to let the kids pick out their favorite colors and flavors, Mark and I joined in on that one too:) We called in a night after that and headed back to our hotel. I feel like we really saw all there was to see in the 4 hours we walked around....well the stuff you can see and do with kids anyway:)  The next morning we were out of our hotel by 11 and stopped to eat breakfast at The Hash House. We had eaten there once before when Kylee was a baby but didn't remember until we got there. There food is SO amazing. Mark ordered an item from the menu that was on Man vs Food. It was h-u-g-e! He ended up only having a couple bites left. After that we hopped in our car with our belly's full to finish our trip to Bountiful.


















































We got there around 8. We unloaded the car and I took off to go meet my friend Chase for dinner in Layton, while Mark and Matt took the kids to a firework show in Centerville. That night we stayed up until about 2 sitting around a fire in the backyard laughing telling stories. Mark and Matt usually tell the same 100 stories every time they are together. Most of the time Heather and I would just in and finish the story for them because we had heard it so many times:) We had to get Pho and Tepanyaki to eat while we were there, it's a must:) We grilled, sat in the backyard, stayed up way too late every night, played games, and just enjoyed each other and the beautiful weather. The last couple days Matt's niece and nephew came to spend the night. The kids ran around and enjoyed each other. We went to a lake on Friday that was way too cold for me to get in, but the kids had no problem getting in. Saturday Heather and I took Kylee and Lexi to get a pedicure. That pedicure will go down in history and the funniest memory ever, well while getting a pedicure anyway. My lady had like 5 extra molar teeth hanging out on the roof of her mouth, I asked for a flower and instead got half of a marijuana leaf painted on my toe. I knew something was seriously wrong when she got out the green nail polish. Why didn't I stop her you ask? I have a problem telling people when I don't like something. It's happened with my hair before, once it turned grey and instead of going back to the same place and having the lady fix it, I went to a whole other place and paid another $60 bucks to have it fixed. I never say if there is a problem with my food at restaurants. So when the lady got out the green color, I did what felt most comfortable and natural.....I texted Heather (she was sitting two seats over) and asked her what the heck the lady was doing with the green polish! HA I have problems. I left there spending $50 something bucks because little did I know they charge full price for a child's pedicure. I love my Elite Nails here in Gilbert, they only charge me like $8-10 for Kylee when she goes with me. The best part was Kylee. When she saw my toe she said, "Mom why do you have a green bush on your toe?" Seriously? Even a 5 year old knows that's a no no:)

Thank you Matt and Heather for another wonderful 4th spend at your lovely home! Can't wait for next year:)

3 comments:

Cassie Forsgren said...

Fun stuff! We need to get together for dinner now!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

What a fun tradition for you guys. And I reeeeeeeally wish you had snapped a pic of those extra molars. :)

Kristin said...

LOL to the green bushy toenails. And to that picture of Brock covering his ears in front of the water show. :) Your kids are THE cutest. So looking forward to vacationing with you guys!!