Friday, October 26, 2012

Happiest Place On Earth

This was our 3rd year going to Lake Powell with a group of 20+ people. Every year gets better and better! It's honestly my favorite "adult" vacation........adult meaning kid free;) There is nothing like it. We sleep on top of the house boat and stay up way too late, and then wake up way too early the next morning. Everyone is always so excited for a whole new day that we play hard all day. This year I was able to wake board. First year I could stand up and fall down and second year I was knocked up, so this was my year. I had my buddy Julie with me, and we were both in the same boat with not being good at it. (same boat. get it? haha) We decided we were going to do it and conquer it and that we did. By the end I was able to let go with one hand and still stay up. I know pretty impressive:) I also learned how to surf which is SO much fun and way cooler than wake boarding. We had 2 boats this year. A small group of us stayed on the small boat and did cave exploring in between our water sessions. I feel like we did so much more this year, and it definitely was the best year we have had so far.

High-lights:
  • Remembering my ear plugs and eye mask
  • The amazing obstacle course that was built, which included going down a zip line, landing in the water and swimming to shore, running up a sandy hill to the top of the water slide, going head first down the slide back into the water, swimming to the back of the boat, climbing back into the boat and running up the back spiral stairs, and finally going down the boat water slide. It was awesome and exhausting!
  • Getting up to 25 miles on the jet ski.....1st year I would do about 10. 2nd year I sat on it, turned it on, and then turned back around to get off ha!
  • Dallas finding his bungee cord rope at the bottom of the lake (story will be in the low-lights)
Low-lights:

  • Not having enough food when it was our night to cook dinner
  • Bats
  • Dallas asking me to unhook the buoy from his boat. I proceeded to unhook something from his boat and then let go of it. I unhooked the bungee rope that was attached to the bottom of the lake on the boat anchor. As I watched it bounce back and disappear I quickly realised I unhooked the wrong thing. I was mortified!!!!
  • Cory and his megaphone on the boat. "Adria, I got a present for you!" and then proceeded to hand me the buoy that had no cord to hook onto it
Cannot wait for next year!!!













1 comment:

Kristin said...

Haha! Good stories. I really like the pic of you sleeping with your mask and earplugs. :)